Ideology

IDEOLOGY 


According to the ideology quiz I identify with critical youth development. After reading more about critical youth development, I agree that as a youth worker I identify with this horoscope. Even before I started in youth work, I always believed it is important to give youth a voice. I feel society often believes that youth are not fully developed or not capable of having a voice. It is very important to me to have the youth I work with be a part of the change. 

As a youth worker, I have always made it a point to have youth involved. As an adult, working together with youth to discuss changes you both want to see is really important because it shows how they view the world. Working together to create a change is my main goal of youth work. I want to allow the youth to be heard in world where they so often are not. 





Comments

  1. Hi, I also identify with Critical youth development . I also think it is very important to give youth a voice and have them get involved in their community. The youth do have the power to change a community and as youth workers we will work with them to find that power. Nice job on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!! We are the same and I saw that in our group on Friday. It feels so good to both identify with critical youth development because I agree that YES youth do have the drive to make a change and a voice to be heard. I loved reading about what you had to say about the ideology that we both connect with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts