My YDEV Autobiography

MY STORY...

My YDEV story started when I was a young child. As a child, I had amazing teachers and babysitters and they influenced my passion to work with children. When I first started at Rhode Island College, I knew I wanted to work with young children so I declared my major as Elementary Education. As I began to mature and think about what I wanted for myself and my future, I decided being limited to a classroom setting as a teacher was not going to be fulfilling enough for me. I then decided to switch to Youth Development, where I knew I would be able to experience working with youth in different settings. 

Now as a senior, working in my internship and having many different experiences as a youth worker, I am glad I made the decision to be a part of the YDEV community. Inspiring and advocating for youth is very important to me, and I am looking forward to doing so for the rest of my professional career. 

Comments

Popular Posts